Cornflake Almond Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, silicone mat or coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Mix in cream of tartar and vanilla. Gradually add sugar and beat on high until stiff and glossy. Stir in slivered almonds, coconut and corn flakes. Mix by hand until well-coated.
- Scoop a rounded teaspoonful and press against side of mixing bowl to compact mixture. Drop onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Mixture will not spread.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let rest on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Use pecans instead of almonds.
- Add 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries.
- Add in 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies.