Cornmeal Berry Sheet Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh berries of choice
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease parchment with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add in vanilla extract, sour cream, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Place berries on top of batter and then sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.