- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, Vietnamese preferred
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Preferably line a standard-size loaf pan with parchment paper or butter or flour it instead. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk together buttermilk, oil, and egg until completely smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until ingredients are barely mixed. Add cranberries and pecans and mix briefly. Do not over mix as it will toughen bread.
- Transfer to prepared pan and place in oven.
- Total baking time will be near 55-60 minutes or until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If cake’s surface gets too dark drape with aluminum foil.