Cranberry & Earl Grey Tea Shortbread Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached*
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 pouch (1/4 cup) Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag, single serving
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Optional: 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour and place immediately in freezer.
- Mix butter until smooth but not until light and fluffy. Sift powdered sugar after measuring and add to butter. Mix until very smooth but not until fluffy.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, contents of tea bag and dried cranberries to above mixture. Add cold flour all at once to the mixture. Blend until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Divide dough into two equal portions. Roll each portion into a 10 inch cylinder. If dough sticks, chill in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- You can freeze dough cylinder for 40 minutes or keep wrapped in freezer until ready to use. Dough keeps for one month.
- Use a knife to cut cylinder into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices on parchment lined cookie sheets. If desired press a thumb in center of each cookie and fill with raspberry jam. Place in oven until very light golden brown, about 13 to 18 minutes.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments