Cranberry Icebox Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups cranberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In an electric stand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined and light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Mix until fully incorporated, making sure to scrape down sides if necessary.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix until everything is blended.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Shape dough into 3 logs, about 7 inches long. Wrap in wax paper and place in fridge for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove a log of dough, unwrap and slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Bake for about 12 minutes until edges of cookies are set and starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts