Cranberry Pear Pie
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- After preparing pie crust, retain remaining pie dough for lattice work crust detail.
- Place crust on a foil lined cookie tray for easy clean up after baking. Set aside.
- Place sugar in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Peel and quarter pears and cut each quarter crosswise into 6 slices. Toss into sugar mixture to prevent browning of pears.
- Add cranberries, cinnamon, flour and vanilla extract. Melt butter and pour over top of mixture.
- Roll remaining pie dough into a circle and flatten to about 1/8-inch thick. Cut dough into strips 1/4-inch wide using a pizza wheel.
- Place first strip in center of pie. Place second one on pie to make a cross pattern.
- Place remaining strips overlapping previously placed strip, moving clockwise on pie to create a lattice.
- Place pie in oven and bake until filling bubbles and has the consistency of honey, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or creme chantilly, if desired.