Cranberry Pistachio Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup cranberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup, for rolling Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare two cookies sheets with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Cream powdered sugar and butter. Add in vanilla extract and egg followed by the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Chop pistachios in a food processor. They should be irregular shapes with some chunks. Reserve a tablespoon of nuts for the topping.
- Cut cranberries in half or thirds depending on the size of the cranberry. Place cranberries into a baggie and toss in a teaspoon of flour to coat them. Hand stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Measure out one tablespoon of batter with a cookie scoop and roll smooth. Roll dough ball in granulated sugar, then press into reserved pistachio bits. Place on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes. Tops will still be soft, but edges should start to brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for two minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Karen Granrud @PintSizedBaker.