Crawfish Cornbread Dressing
- 6-8 cups crumbled cornbread
- 3 slices bread, toasted & crumbled
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 1 pound crawfish tails, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Mix sugar, sage, garlic salt, parsley, thyme, and Cajun seasoning in a small dish.
- Place breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Sprinkle seasonings over breadcrumbs.
- In a small skillet, melt butter; add celery, pepper, and onion and saute until tender.
- Pour cooked veggies over breadcrumbs. Add beaten eggs and two cans of broth. Mix well. Stir in chopped crawfish tails and Tabasco.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake approximately one hour or until set and lightly browned, but not dried out.
This was a huge hit at Easter! Rave reviews... a keeper
I was very surprised how good this stuffing was. Full of flavor and so moist!