Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 1/2 orange (optional) no white bitter pith
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional) Vietnamese cinnamon preferred
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon water or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pecan halves/pieces
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Combine cream cheese with sugar, orange zest, and cinnamon (if using). Set aside.
- Place crescent triangles on a plastic food film lined work surface. Place a generous tablespoon cream cheese filling on short side of each triangle.
- Roll towards point of triangle. Instead of curving points, leave crescent roll linear as doing so will aid in properly baking interior of rolls.
- Place equally apart on a parchment lined or a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until golden brown, about 14-16 minutes. (Filling produces moisture and a longer baking time is required versus unfilled crescents).
- Combine powdered sugar and liquids and mix well.
- Drizzle glaze on rolls and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments