Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 8 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix cream cheese and soft butter on low speed until blended. Add one cup powdered sugar and mix on low speed until well blended.
- Gradually add remaining powdered sugar and mix on low to medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well. Frost as desired.
Just the right amount of tang. Good balance between tangy and sweet.
Delicious creamy frosting. Just the right amount of sweet. Could be a bit thicker but 1/2 recipe was more than enough for 3 dozen red velvet cookies. With the 2cups I have leftover, I must find some carrot cake recipe now!
WAY too much frosting for the Red Velvet Cake Truffles! I had to remake the cake batter (1/2 recipe) in order for it to come out right, and I had way too much truffle batter when I was finished. You need to put a notice in the truffle recipe to only use HALF of this cream cheese frosting! Very disappointed so far...am hoping they come out all right.