Cream Cheese Pecan Pie
- 1, 9-inch Pure Butter Pie Crust
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Pecan Custard Layer
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups pecan halves
- Prepare or thaw a 9-inch pie crust. Flute edge if desired.
- Preheat oven to 340°F.
- Gently mix cream cheese and sugar until no lumps remain. Add vanilla and egg. Mix until smooth.
- Spread in bottom of pie shell. (During baking, cream cheese layer will migrate to surface.)
- Mix remaining eggs until well blended. Add brown sugar and mix until smooth. Add corn syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Except for about 4 tablespoons, pour mixture onto cream cheese layer.
- Arrange pecan halves on surface of syrup. Pecans will not sink, they will float.
- Carefully spoon remaining syrup over pecans.
- Place in oven and bake until center of pie has set, about 43 minutes.