Cream Cheese Swedish Apple Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter, soft
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 large Granny Smith apples
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- For dusting Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix soft butter with first listed 1/4 cup sugar. Add vanilla and when combined add flour. Blend until just combined.
- Press into a 9- or 10-inch springform pan. Place in oven for 8-9 minutes and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Blend cream cheese along with second 1/2 cup sugar. Mix completely until no lumps remain. Once well combined add 1 egg, when smooth add another egg.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, and vanilla extract. Mix until no lumps remain.
- Spread onto prebaked crust.
- Peel apples and cut in quarters. Remove core. Cut each quarter in 5-6 slices.
- Place onto cream cheese mixture in a circle. Sprinkle apples with 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Place in oven and bake until center is set, about 60 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.