Creamy Apple Crisp with Easy Oatmeal Crust
- 3 cups peels tart apples, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 small package (3 oz) cream cheese (light is fine)
- 3/4 cup sour cream (light or fat free is fine)
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Easy Oatmeal Crust
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat a 10-inch quiche dish (or a 1-quart shallow baking dish) well with a non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Toss apples with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Prepare Easy Oatmeal Crust. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with remaining ingredients until smooth, then fold into apples. Pour apple/cream cheese mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle generously with Easy Oatmeal Crust and bake in center of oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired.
This recipe was originally published in 1996 the Homemade Good News Cookbook Vol. XVI.