Creme De Menthe Brownies
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 squares (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1/2 cup (14 crème de menthe thin candies), chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 4-5 drops green food coloring
- Additional crème de menthe thin candies, cut diagonally in half and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, and chocolate in a heavy medium saucepan; heat over low heat stirring occasionally until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool.
- Add eggs one at a time until well combined. Stir in vanilla, flour and candy; mixing until combined. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To prepare frosting: Beat butter and 1 cup of powdered sugar until combined.
- Beat in remaining sugar, milk, and extract until creamy. Add additional milk for creamier consistency.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Cut into squares or use biscuit/cookie cutter for circles.
- Garnish with crème de menthe candy, if desired.