Criss-Cross Carrot Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats, quick cooking (not instant) or old fashioned
- 1 cup fine grated carrots, about 2
- Optional: 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raisins, dark or golden
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together in a large bowl flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in oats and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine carrots, coconut, raisins and pecans.
- In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugars and blend well. Add eggs one at a time and scrape in between. Add vanilla and whip well.
- In one step, add all dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- On parchment lined or lightly buttered pans, drop batter in large tablespoon amounts, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until light golden about 13 to 15 minutes depending on size.
- When cold, sandwich with Cream Cheese Frosting or serve as is.
Moist and tender carrot cookies are even more delicious if filled with our Cream Cheese Frosting. Use quick cooking oats for a softer texture or old fashioned oats for a firmer bite.