Cubiletes de Queso
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*, plus more for dusting
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature, divided
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Mint leaves
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place flour on a working surface. Add butter and mix with hands until dough resembles coarse sand.
- Make a well and add 1 egg, sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and salt. Knead until a smooth dough ball forms; about 5 minutes. Place dough ball in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Spray a 12-count muffin baking tray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and divide into 12 equal sized balls. Dust working surface and rolling pin with flour and roll out each ball into a 3-inch x 1/4-inch disc.
- Line each muffin cup with dough disc, pressing up sides to top edge. Repeat with each ball of dough. Pierce dough 5-6 times with a fork to avoid any air bubbles while baking. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese, condensed milk, cornstarch, remaining eggs, and remaining teaspoon of vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture in muffin tray over dough filling 3/4 of way up.
- Bake for 35 minutes or when tested with a toothpick, it comes out clean. Cool in baking tray for 15 minutes. Serve decorated with a maraschino cherry and mint leaves.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugarby Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.
These are so cute and look so good.