- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups water, lukewarm
- 4 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon, no white bitter pith
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- Dairy-Free Lemon Curd
- 1 cup berries of choice
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk eggs until completely smooth and no strings remain. Add coconut milk and sugar and whisk very well together.
- Add water, liquor, vanilla, salt, lemon zest, and oil; whisk smooth. Sift and add flour, whisk until no lumps remain. Mix in a blender if needed. The batter will be as fluid as heavy cream.
- Crepes will be easiest to prepare after mixture has rested for 30 minutes. It can also be refrigerated until the next day.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat. Spray with a little oil and using a ladle pour a small amount in the pan, swirl pan to evenly coat entire surface. After about a minute or when you see edges become golden, flip crepe using a nonstick spatula. After about a minute remove from pan. Only the first 1-2 crepes need a little oil, the rest can be made without using any oil in the pan.
- Stack crepes on top of one another; there is no need to separate them with plastic food wrap or foil, they will not stick.
- You can freeze them and reheat later in a microwave oven, if desired.
- Prepare berry sauce by pureeing berries and sugar. Run through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Fill warm (reheated in microwave) crepes with lemon curd and roll up. Place on a plate; serve with additional curd and berry sauce. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.