Dairy-Free Sweet Potato Pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a deep-dish 9.5-inch pie tin with pie dough. Press on bottom and sides to ensure that pie dough reaches edges. Flute edge if desired.
- If you prefer to blind bake crust to ensure a better-baked crust, cut a round piece of parchment paper a few inches wider than the pie. Place it onto pie crust and fill with dried beans, rice, or pie weights.
- Place in oven for 12-14 minutes or until edges are golden and crisp. Remove filling and paper and set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut in 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then turn to simmer until tender. Drain.
- Place in a blender or food processor and add sugar. Mix until completely smooth. Add tofu and blend until combined. Add spices and mix briefly.
- Pour filling into pie shell. Place in oven for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350°F. Bake for 37-40 minutes. If pie is overbaked, surface may obtain cracks. Do not worry as these will be covered with the non-dairy topping.
- Place in the refrigerator until cooled. Top with non-dairy topping and candied pecans.