Dark Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips + 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixer, cream together butter and dark brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to batter. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours (or up to 24 hours).
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet and slightly press down on cookies.
- Press a few mini chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.