Dark Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup (2.5 oz) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon or 1/3 cup of soft unsalted butter
- 3 cups sifted Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Bring heavy cream and milk to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in 3/4 cup chopped unsweetened chocolate until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix until light and creamy.
- Gradually add remaining powdered sugar alternating with chocolate mixture. Scrape bowl well. Whip until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt and combine well.
- Garnish with dark chocolate pieces as desired.