Dark Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F with rack in middle of oven.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler, stirring every once in a while until fully melted
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, flour and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients into the egg and buttermilk mixture with an electric hand mixer or use a stand mixer. Add melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into pie crust and bake in oven for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until the pie is crisp on top and a knife inserted in the center comes out with a little moist chocolate on it.
- Cool and let stand for at least 1 hour before serving. Can be served warm or chilled.