Dark Chocolate Tart with Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup coconut milk (not light)
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 oz (1 cup) high quality dark chocolate, 55-65% cacao
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, optional
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs, optional
- Sea salt for topping, if desired
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using a paddle attachment, mix butter and powdered sugar until well blended. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla. Add flour in one step and on low speed mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press dough evenly flat onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Place dough in refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Meanwhile chill work surface by placing 1 or 2 cookie sheets filled with ice cubes on area.
- Set aside 6 individual tart pans/rings or an 8 or 9-inch tart ring or tart pan.
- Sprinkle chilled area lightly with flour and roll dough slightly thinner than 1/8-inch. Place and press dough into pan(s) and remove excess.
- Place in oven and bake until golden light brown, about 15 minutes. During baking process, dough should not slide down on sides. However, if any area does slide down, remove tart shell from oven and patch with a piece of remaining dough, return to oven. Let cool.
- In a saucepan, large enough to hold all remaining ingredients combine coconut milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Add chocolate and whisk to combine.
- Pour into tart shells and place in refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- Decorate with macadamia nuts and cacao nibs. if desired. Sprinkle surface with sea salt.