Date Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup nuts such as pecans, pistachios, or cashews
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (optional)
- 1 cup well-packed Medjool* dates, whole unsweetened and pitted
- Nuts for decoration or unsweetened coconut (optional)
- In a small food processor or blender, grind nuts, powdered sugar, and cocoa (if using) to coarse meal.
- Add dates and blend until well combined.
- On plastic food film roll paste into a tube. Cut in equal portions (a ruler can be helpful).
- Roll into balls and decorate with nuts or roll in coconut.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Chef Eddy recommends Medjool dates in this recipe. Noor dates are more dry and less tender. Noor dates are often sold in bags and are treated with dextrose.