Death By Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, melt 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth and incorporated.
- Stir in dry ingredients into chocolate mixture until dough forms.
- Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon drop cookie dough onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes until edges are set.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in a airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.