Death By Chocolate Pie
- 20 Oreo® cookies, crushed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate Mousse Filling
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce chocolate
- Combine crushed cookies and melted butter together until consistency of wet sand. Press into a pie plate to make crust. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- To make filling start by heating 1 cup of heavy cream in a microwave safe dish for 1 minute. Pour over semi-sweet chocolate and let it stand for 1 minute. After 1 minute, stir it together until it is nice and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining heavy cream in an electric stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat on high until you get stiff peaks. Add in vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Once chocolate has mostly cooled, slowly add to whipped cream. Gently fold chocolate in until it is combined, but still nice and fluffy. Pour into prepared crust and let pie completely set in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving pie, beat heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy. Spread over chocolate pie.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave a bar of chocolate over top to get chocolate shavings.
- Store pie in fridge for up to 3 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.