Copycat Sugar Cookie Double Doozies®
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour *
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Finally, add in flour and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in sprinkles.
- Scoop dough out using a medium (2 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop and drop dough 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until edges are golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To prepare filling: In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment mix butter on medium speed until smooth. Turn mixer speed to low and slowly add in powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Turn mixer up to medium and mix for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- To assemble cookies, spread or pipe 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of filling on to bottom of a cookie. Press another cookie into filling, creating a sandwich. Repeat with all cookies.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
Double Doozies® is the trademark of Great American Cookies®. All rights reserved.