Lemon Lavender Cookies
- 1/2 teaspoon dried culinary lavender
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lemon Icing
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Handful of dried culinary lavender, optional
- In food processor, pulse lavender and sugar 3-5 times to incorporate and break apart buds.
- In a mixing bowl, or bowl of your stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Mix in egg, zest, and vanilla extract. Add flour and salt and mix on low until just combined. Do not overmix or cookies may spread when baking.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour minimum. Dough can be chilled overnight
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out with 2.5-inch circle cookie cutter. Place on a cookie sheet and chill 30 minutes.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 7-9 minutes, until bottom just starts to brown. If using airbake cookie sheet, bake for 11-13 minutes, or until bottom just starts to brown. Cool for 3 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare (optional) lemon icing. Whisk together powdered sugar, zest, and lemon juice until desired consistency. Drizzle or pipe onto cookies.
- Lightly sprinkle dried culinary lavender buds for decoration, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.