Donna McGee's Homemade Candied Yams
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Peel yams and rinse with cold water. Cut each potato into cubes.
- In a medium-sized pot, combine butter and vanilla extract. Add ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and sugar. Once combined, add sweet potato cubes. Cook on medium-high, until yams have come to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low and cover with pot lid for the remainder of the cooking time. Let simmer 10 minutes before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Sugar can be reduced based on taste preference.
- Recipe also works in a slow-cooker.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments