Donna McGee's Homemade Lime Pie
- 2 deep-dish pie shells
- Juice from 4 large fresh limes
- Juice from 1 large fresh lemon
- 2 (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 8 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 tablespoons real lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 tablespoon of lemon extract
- 1/8 tablespoon coconut flavoring
- 1/4 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 small drop of yellow food coloring
- 1/8 tablespoon green food coloring
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Using a hand-held mixer, blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into pie shells and bake at 325°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let pies cool for 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped cream, if desired. Refrigerate leftover pies.