Double Chocolate Cherry Cranberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) dark cherry in heavy syrup
- 1 1/2 cups semi chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-cavity muffin tins with paper liners.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, combine the eggs, oil, half and half, almond extract, cream cheese, cherries and syrup and mix until fully combined and well blended.
- Add dry ingredients, 1/4 cup at a time, to mixed wet ingredients until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Pour half way full into muffin pans/cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
These are great to enjoy while watching the parades or even packing for your black Friday shopping.