Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, natural or Dutch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bars (4 oz) dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Set aside 3 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cream butter until smooth, add both sugars and cream further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated before adding next. Add vanilla and mix until light and creamy.
- In one step add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Cut chocolate bars in big chunks (about the size of a keyboard key). Add to above along with nuts.
- Scoop cookies using an ice cream scoop which holds about 4 tablespoons.
- Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Place in oven for about 9-10 minutes. Center will still be soft, but will set once cooled resulting in lovely chewy centers with crisper edges.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments