Double Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy (if using natural peanut butter, ensure that it is well stirred and not oily)
- 1/3 cup well mashed very ripe banana (about 1 small banana)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats*
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, cocoa powder, butter, and salt. Bring to a rapid boil and let boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and vigorously whisk in the peanut butter, banana, and vanilla extract until smooth and most of the banana lumps have disappeared. Stir in the oats. The mixture will be very thick.
- With a small cookie scoop or spoon, drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Working quickly, gently flatten the mounds, then press the chopped chocolate pieces or chocolate chips on top as desired. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow the oats to soften and the flavors to meld.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or wrap tightly and freeze for up to 2 months.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: Do not use rolled oats, as they will be too difficult to chew. To make your own quick oats, place the same amount of regular rolled oats in the food processor and pulse 4 to 5 times.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments