Dr. Pepper Barbecued Beef Brisket
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper Cherry Cola Soda
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4-5 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Trim fat from meat. Place brisket in a large roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup, Dr. Pepper, onion, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix until well blended.
- Pour over brisket. Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast for 3 hours or until brisket is tender, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture.
- Remove from oven and place brisket on a platter and keep warm.
- Pour remaining sauce into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Cut brisket into thin diagonal slices across the grain at an angle. Serve brisket with sauce.