Dr Pepper Cake
Dr. Pepper Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup Dr Pepper®
Dr. Pepper® Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Dr Pepper®
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Place butter, cocoa powder, and Dr Pepper in a saucepan over medium-low heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour chocolate mixture into bowl with flour. Slowly whisk until everything is combined.
- Whisk in egg mixture slowly, then pour batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 33-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs on it. Remove from oven and place on wire rack. While cake is cooling, make frosting.
- Melt butter, cocoa powder, and Dr Pepper over low heat until melted. Bring to a low boil, then remove from heat.
- Slowly whisk in milk, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Immediately pour frosting over hot cake and spread out. Let cool completely before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments