Drumstick® Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 2/3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and scraped or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or paste
- 20 waffle-style cookies
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Combine cream, half and half, and sugar in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla bean or paste. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes before placing in an electric ice cream maker.
- When ice cream base has cooled, pour it into ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When finished churning, transfer to an airtight container. Allow ice cream to harden in freezer for at least 1-4 hours.
- To assemble, use a large ice cream scoop; place one scoop of frozen ice cream on top of a waffle-style cookie. Spread ice cream as flat as you can, then place another cookie on top, creating a sandwich. Repeat this process with all the cookies.
- Place ice cream sandwiches on a tray, and put back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove sandwiches from freezer. Dip 1/4 of each sandwich into melted chocolate, tapping off any excess. Immediately coat chocolate in chopped nuts and place back on the tray. Repeat with all sandwiches.
- Place them back in freezer for 15 minutes to freeze chocolate.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly in cling wrap, and store up to 1 month in freezer.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.