Dulce de Leche Cortada
- 8 eggs, beaten one by one with a hand mixer in a bowl
- 6 cups milk
- 4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A few drops of rum
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- Put milk and cinnamon stick in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until just before boiling point (when bubbles form around edges).
- Gradually add lime juice and sugar. Do not stir until mixture separates and becomes lumpy.
- Add eggs slowly, stirring constantly and when mixture forms a thick, smooth consistency, add raisins, rum and vanilla. Let cook 5 more minutes.
- Pour mixture into an ovenproof (Pyrex) dish and let cool, then refrigerate. Mixture will be lumpy.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Can be served as a delicious topping for chocolate ice cream.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments