Easter Bunny Carrot Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fine shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag shredded coconut
- Jelly beans, Easter candy, Jordan almonds, M&Ms - your candy of choice
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake or muffin tin, or coat with nonstick spray, and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and vegetable oil in a large bowl until well blended. Add sugar, salt, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add carrots, pineapple, and nuts and combine well. Stir in flour.
- Scoop into paper cups about 2/3 full.
- Place in oven and bake until the center of cupcakes bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 23 minutes.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
- Prepare cream cheese frosting. Mix cream cheese and soft butter on low speed until blended. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and mix on low speed until well blended. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar and mix on low to medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Frost cupcakes. Top with coconut.
- Decorate with Easter decorations and or jelly beans.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.