Easter Bunny Carrot Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fine shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 bag coconut for decoration
- Cream Cheese Frosting
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake or muffin tin and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and vegetable oil until well blended. Add sugar, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Add carrots, pineapple and nuts and combine well. Stir in flour.
- Scoop into paper cups about 2/3 full. (Depending on size of cups you may be able to make more.)
- Place in oven and bake until center of cupcakes bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 23 minutes.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
- Spread frosting on the cupcakes and top with coconut.
- Decorate with Easter decorations and or jelly beans.