Easy Butter Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Optional Basic Butter Cream Frosting
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Mix butter and sugar together until creamy. Beat in egg and add vanilla. Add flour.
- Refrigerate dough for about 20 minutes, then drop by rounded spoonfuls on cookie sheet, pressing down on center. Leave enough room for cookie to spread.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Move to wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, frost or drizzle with glaze, if desired.
- Freeze option: instead of baking them right away, you can also shape douh into a roll, wrap and freeze until you are ready to make them. Just defrost, slice and bake.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments