Easy Coffee Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Stir together topping ingredients with a spoon until it looks like coarse crumbs. Use your hands to clump sugar mixture together into large chunks. Set aside.
- Beat softened butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla and mix again.
- Add dry ingredients and beat just until ingredients are incorporated together. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Crumble topping chunks evenly over batter until top is covered. Place pan in preheated oven and bake 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place coffee cake on wire rack and cool completely.
- Stir together sugar and water. Drizzle over top of cooled cake before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.