Easy Fruit Cobbler
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons almond liquor, such as amaretto (optional)
- 1 pound fresh pitted or frozen cherries or blackberries, raspberries, mango, apple slices, thawed
- For décor: Cherries, as desired
- Optional: Crème Chantilly
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and evenly pour on bottom of a 9 x 9 inch or 8 x 12 inch bake proof pan.
- In a bowl sift flour and baking powder together. Add salt and sugar. Using a whisk, mix in milk and whisk until smooth. Add almond liquor if desired.
- Scatter fruit onto bottom of buttered pan. Pour cake batter over fruit and place in oven. Bake until center is golden brown and bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 35-40 minutes.
- When removed from oven, decorate with fresh cherries and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. If desired serve with Crème Chantilly.
Easy and delicious !