Easy Oatmeal Crust
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Toss oats with flour, sugars, and cinnamon.
- Rub mixture between your fingertips to blend evenly.
- Cut butter into mixture using a pastry cutter or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add nuts and toss lightly to mix.
- Bake at 375°F or as directed for the recipe you're making. General rule of thumb is approximately 30-40 minutes.
This recipe was originally published in 1996 the Homemade Good News Cookbook Vol. XVI.