- 4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Berries of choice
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a saucepan bring milk and brown sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 6 ramekins or other oven-proof serving bowls into a roasting pan or other pan with sides that are at least 1-inch high.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and yolks until combined. Add granulated sugar and whisk until completely smooth and no egg white strings remain. Gradually, while whisking, pour in heated milk.
- Oftentimes, due to mixing, a foam layer is created. Foam can make you believe in error that ramekins are fully filled. With time, foam will start to dissipate by itself, or it can easily be removed by placing a paper towel on foam surface.
- Fill ramekins about 1/4-inch away from edge. Place in oven and pour hot water in pan.
- Bake until custard no longer trembles in center, about 40-45 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle place in refrigerator.
- Once custard is completely cold, whip cream, sugar, and vanilla to firm peaks. Fit in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe rosettes on surface.
- Decorate with berries of choice and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments