Eggnog Butter Bundt Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed at room temperature
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with butter or shortening very liberally. Dust pan with flour and set aside.
- Place all cake ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low for 30 seconds and then increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes until a toothpick entered into center comes out clean.
- While cake is cooling make glaze. Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir continuously until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Do not bring to a boil.
- While cake is still in bundt pan, poke holes all over warm cake and pour glaze evenly over cake.
- Allow cake to cool completely in pan and then invert cake onto a serving plate.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: This cake can be made a day in advance as it becomes more moist and flavorful when it rests overnight.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
I make this every year now, usually by request. It's delicious and a favorite, and not *too* eggnog-y for those who aren't fans (also, what's wrong with these people?? lol! GREAT recipe !!
Everyone loves this! My husband goes crazy over this cake.