- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup eggnog + 2 cups
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9 x 13-inch deep baking pan. For easy removal of baked cake, place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, mix oil and eggs using a whisk. Add sugar and salt and mix smooth.
- Add bourbon and eggnog (1/2 cup amount) and whisk to combine.
- Add sifted flour and mix until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and place in oven until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. About 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Cake can be consumed as is, however for a very moist and flavorful result, prick holes on surface of cake using a toothpick.
- Gently pour remaining eggnog over the cake and allow it to be absorbed.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.