- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup prepared eggnog
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- Nutmeg, to garnish
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment or Silpat. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and spices. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, and sugars. Once creamy, add eggnog, vanilla, rum, egg, and egg yolk. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients all at once on low speed; mix only until just combined.
- Use a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop to place dough on prepared cookie sheets. Slightly flatten. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until lightly browned at edges. Cookies should retain their light coloring. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make icing, cream together all ingredients. Add more eggnog as needed to obtain the consistency you desire.
- Top cookies with a drizzle of icing and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.