Espresso Brownie Bites
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place unsweetened chocolate and butter in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and pour melted chocolate in a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in espresso powder, salt, and flour, and mix until combined.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Using a spoon, add batter into muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing brownies from pan.
- While brownies are cooling, add softened butter to a mixer bowl. Beat until creamy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and espresso powder. Pour cream mixture into mixing bowl with butter.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and mix on low speed until creamy.
- Once brownies have cooled, top with buttercream.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.