- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup instant espresso powder
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light yellow and smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, salt, and espresso powder. Mix until combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in outside center comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
- Remove and cool. Cut into 16 squares.
Imperial Sugar Insight
For thinner brownies, bake in a 9 x 13-inch pan for 25-30 minutes.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.