Family Favorite Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add olive oil to pan and brown ground beef. Add whole garlic and cook for several minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Simmer about 1 hour over low-medium heat. If too thick, add water; but it should be pretty thick.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package, drain and set aside. Mix ricotta cheese and beaten eggs.
- Use a 9 x 13-inch pan. Put in layer of sauce to coat bottom of pan. Then put a layer of lasagna, top with ricotta cheese mixture. Next sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, top with some sauce, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Then repeat. Top should be layer of lasagna, topped with sauce and grated cheese. Bake about 30 minutes at 400°F or until bubbly.
- Add grated parmesan cheese to taste.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments