Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 24 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Prepare a cupcake tin with liners. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Next add in eggs, milk, and oil. Mix well. Stir in vanilla. Carefully mix in boiling water. (Batter will be liquid like.)
- Fill cupcake tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Let cool.
- To make chocolate hazelnut frosting, use an electric mixer to whisk together butter and chocolate hazelnut spread until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix frosting while alternating powdered sugar and milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Pipe frosting onto each cupcake and top with a Ferrero Rocher chocolate.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.