Fig and Plum Cake
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, soft
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour* (not almond meal)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6-7 medium sized fresh black mission figs
- 3 medium-sized ripe fresh plums
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of a 9 or 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated before adding next. Add almond extract.
- Add almond flour and corn starch and mix until combined.
- Scrape batter into springform pan and level using a spoon.
- Cut figs and plums in 4-6 pieces and place on surface.
- Place in oven and bake until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or inserted toothpick comes out clean about 40-48 minutes. Total baking time fluctuates due to moisture content of fruits.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Almond flour is ground finer than almond meal. Using almond meal will not result in great results.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments